Homemade Snickers Bars
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 cups bite size pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups microwave popped popcorn – no butter
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup karo syrup (corn syrup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the corn Chex, wheat Chex, pretzels, popcorn and peanuts. Toss well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour the butter mixture over the Chex mix and toss well until the butter and cinnamon has coated all of the Chex mix.
- Using cooking spray or canola oil thoroughly spray a 9×13 inch glass baking pan
- Add the Karo syrup, peanut butter and brown sugar together in medium saucepan. Heat almost to a boil but be careful not to burn. Stir to combine the ingredients. Once the mixture begins to bubble around the edges, stir for 1 minute and then remove from the heat. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the chex mix and toss well with a spatula.
- Spoon the mixture evenly the 9×13 glass baking pan, and lightly press the mixture together.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate on full power for 1 minute. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds. Stir and repeat for another 30 seconds until melted. Pour the mixture over the bars and using a spatula, smooth melted chocolate evenly over bars. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes until ready to serve. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1 inch squares.
Just a couple minimal changes were made to the recipe originally posted on www.halfbakedharvest.com
by Angie Trusty (White River Kitchen)