Great served with chips as an appetizer or as a salad.
Jerry and I first tried Cowboy Caviar (aka Texas Caviar) at least 20 years ago at a restaurant. The next day, I made a batch at home and it was a big hit. My cousin, Tara, invited us over for her daughter’s 2nd birthday last week. I thought this would be a perfect dish to serve with her taco buffet. My version is lighter than most. Instead of using a heavy based Italian dressing, I use freshly squeezed lime juice. I’ve been asked to share the recipe several times and I thought I would share it on my blog too. Enjoy!
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup jalapeno pepper, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne (more or less to taste)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Will keep for about 3 days covered in the refrigerator.