A light, fresh, crisp, spring inspired salad.
Pearled cauliflower, broccoli & radish salad is a light, fresh, crisp, spring inspired salad. It’s a perfect accompaniment to grilled meats, a sandwich or put it in a Mason jar and pack it in your picnic basket. It’s also great served on its own for a refreshing lunch. When dicing the broccoli, don’t discard the stems. Peel the broccoli stem and dice it too. Pearled cauliflower is available at most supermarkets. I purchase mine at Kroger or Trader Joe’s. Trader Joe’s sells it and it’s called “cauliflower rice”. It’s the same thing. It can be mashed, sauteed, steamed or baked. My favorite way to use it is raw and added to salads. You can also substitute finely diced fresh cauliflower. Because pearled cauliflower its washed and ready to enjoy, it’s super easy. I try to always have some as a staple ingredient in my refrigerator.
- 1½ cups pearled cauliflower
- 1½ cups finely diced broccoli
- 1 cup finely diced radishes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts)
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Combine first six ingredients (cauliflower through sesame seeds) in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic & Dijon.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat.