These fire crackers are adapted from a recipe from Sandra Boyd. She made a batch for a party and they were a big hit. I like to make these fiery crackers during football season and top them with a slice of cheese, spread a spoonful of pimiento cheese on top, crumble on top of a bowl of chili or just snack on them plain. I use a big pickle jar to make these and roll the jar around several times to coat all the crackers with the spicy mixture.
- 1 pound box Saltine Crackers (I used unsalted)
- 2 cups canola oil
- ⅓ cup ground cayenne red pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 1 ounce packages dry ranch dressing
- Place crackers in a large gallon pickle jar or gallon ziplock baggie.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over crackers. Gently tumble jar or baggie several times to coat spice mixture on the crackers.