Quick- Pickled Radishes
These pickled radishes are great served on a salad, in a sandwich or just straight from the jar. It’s much easier to get the perfect thin cut by using a mandoline slicer. Mandolines range in price and can be purchased for very little. They are definitely worth it.
- 1 bunch (about 12 radishes)
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Wash and cut the tops and bottoms off the radishes.
- Thinly slice the radishes using a sharp knife or a mandoline slicer.
- Place the sliced radishes and garlic cloves in a pint jar.
- To make the brine, in a saucepan bring the remaining ingredients to a boil until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the brine mixture over the radishes. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.