A Refreshing Mix of Sweet Fruit & Spicy Jalapenos
Pineapple mango salsa with black beans is a refreshing mix of sweet fruit and spicy jalapenos. It’s excellent served with tortilla chips or spooned on top of fish, grilled chicken or tacos al pastor. My friend, Dianne Binninger is famous for her mango salsa. I called her before I made this recipe to ask for her secret. She said she squeezes the fruit left on the mango pit to try to get all the juice in the mix as possible. Once when I was visiting her in Florida, she served this on top of fresh blackened grouper – yum! This makes a big batch. You can easily adjust the quantities to make a smaller amount.
A refreshing mix of sweet fruit and spicy jalapenos is excellent served with tortilla chips or with blackened fish, grilled chicken, or tacos al pastor. This makes a big batch and you can adjust the quantities to make a smaller amount.
- 5 cups diced pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 5 cups diced mango (about 4 medium)
- 2 cups diced red onion (about 1 large)
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 3/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced jalapeno (about 3-4)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve